Providence Archives is a private repository providing reference and research services to Sisters of Providence and Providence Health staff. Reference services may also be provided to historians, scholars, and the general public. We respond to telephone, letter, or e-mail requests, but cannot conduct extensive research for persons outside the religious community and sponsored Providence ministries and institutions. Researchers may be provided access to limited historical resources at the Archives after submitting detailed, focused requests. Many of our materials are confidential and access is restricted.
- Staff: Monday through Friday, 8 a. m. to 4 p. m.
- Researchers: Monday through Friday, 10 a. m. to 3 p. m., by appointment
Note: Providence Archives is located within a private facility which houses people with heightened health care vulnerabilities, and must respond swiftly to the threat of pandemics and other community illnesses by limiting or excluding visitor access.
- Photocopies: 20¢ per page
- Photograph Reproduction: Depends on reprint size and existing negative
- Publication: $25 per image, one-time use
- Student Transcripts: $10 for one official transcript; $5 for each additional official copy
- School of Nursing Transcripts: Fees variable; review information on Transcripts Request page
Manager: Peter Schmid, CA
Senior Archivist: Elizabeth Russell, MLIS, CA
Artifact Collections Curator: Jessica Long, MS
Assistant Archivist - Technical: Pamela Hedquist
4800 37th Ave. S.W.
Seattle, WA 98126-2793