High-Quality Designations Awarded to St. Joseph and Redwood Memorial Hospitals by Healthgrades
Providence in Humboldt County announced recently that St. Joseph Hospital in Eureka and Redwood Memorial Hospital have been recognized for high-quality distinctions from Healthgrades – an organization that recognizes top hospitals with outstanding clinical outcomes in key specialties.
St. Joseph Hospital received five awards in cardiac and critical care areas. Among the distinctions was a recognition as one of Healthgrades 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention in America. Redwood Memorial Hospital received Five-Star distinction for Treatment for Sepsis.
“This recognition from Healthgrades is a reflection of our care providers commitment to ensuring our friends, family and neighbors in Humboldt County receive the best care possible,” said Roberta Luskin-Hawk, MD, chief executive for Providence in Humboldt County. “In addition to delivering exceptional care, their compassion for their patients truly embodies our Mission, and I could not be prouder of the work they do.”
Even through the challenges of COVID, the cardiac catheterization laboratory (cath lab) team at St. Joseph Hospital continued to provide arterial stent placement and interventions for patients who had dangerous blockage in the coronary arteries. In addition, as a STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) receiving center, cath lab care providers and interventional cardiologists are on call 24/7 to provide emergency care to patients experiencing a heart attack from Crescent City to Garberville and inland to the east.
The full list includes awards for the following:
St. Joseph Hospital in Eureka
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention in 2022
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2022 Coronary Intervention Excellence Award
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2022
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2022
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 7 Years in a Row (2016 -2022)
Redwood Memorial Hospital
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis in 2022