How we’re supporting patients, caregivers and more online at Providence
[3 MIN READ]
In this article:
The Providence Digital Innovation Group and Marketing team is tasked with finding new and innovative ways to support patients and bring "Health for a Better World."
Providence is honored to receive 19 awards in different categories for our various web properties.
The awards recognize the work Providence caregivers are doing to improve the consumer and provider experience online.
The Providence Digital Innovation Group prides itself on being on the leading edge of health care. The group collaborates to find new and innovative ways to support patients, clinicians, communities and the organization through technology.
That’s why Providence is proud that the work of the Marketing and Digital Experience team within the Digital Innovation Group has been recognized nationally through several awards. Providence web properties were honored as winners with 19 awards in different categories.
“It’s great to see how our continued efforts to improve the digital experience for our consumers and our providers is also being recognized through these awards, more than in previous years ,” says Shweta Ponnappa, senior vice president and chief marketing and digital experience officer at Providence.
Recognizing excellence in digital experience
Providence’s websites were selected from among thousands of entries in each category.
“Each of these awards recognizes the work that has gone into creating outstanding health websites and digital initiatives,” says Ponnappa. “It is always nice to have external recognition for what we already know — that we are leading the way in providing personalized, empathetic, and frictionless digital experiences.”
Some of the awards Providence web properties received include:
- Consumer COVID Hub: WebAwards 2022 – Health Care Standard of Excellence; eHealthcare Leadership Awards 2022 – Best COVID-19 Pandemic Related Communications, Platinum; eHealthcare Leadership Awards 2022 – Best Overall Digital Patient Experience, Silver; HDMAwards 2022 – COVID Response Materials, Merit
- Physician Directory : Aster Awards – Physician Directory, Silver; eHealthcare Leadership Awards 2022 – Best Provider Directory, Gold; HDMAwards 2022 – Institutional Directory, Silver
- Providence Telehealth: Digital Health Awards – Professional Recruitment Program, Gold
- Providence New Branded Site: Digital Health Awards – Website Refresh, Gold; HDMAwards 2022 – Website Refresh, Gold
- Providence Annual Report: Digital Health Awards – Best Annual Report, Bronze; HDMAwards 2022 – Annual Report, Bronze
- Community Partnerships: Digital Health Awards – Website Refresh, Silver
- Providence and SoCal Single Brand Site: Digital Health Awards – Best Website, Silver
- Providence.org: HDMAwards – Institutional Website, Gold
- Providence Tarzana: HDMAwards – Website Refresh, Merit
- Providence Medicare: HDMAwards – Microsite, Gold
- Health Equity: HDMAwards – Microsite, Bronze
- COVID-19 Testing: HDMAwards – COVID Response Materials, Gold
Growing together to support patients
The website work has been an enterprise-wide team effort, drawing from caregivers within the Marketing and Digital Experience Team and beyond.
“Easing the way of our patients through their digital experience requires a team effort,” says Ponnappa. “We couldn’t have done it without the dedicated engagement our partners throughout the organization.”
A focus on what information patients were looking for in the continuously evolving pandemic helped the Providence Consumer COVID Hub take home four awards for its leadership, patient experience, and response to the pandemic.
“These websites are a wonderful illustration of the importance of websites being not only information hubs, but also connectors to key functionality (for example, COVID vaccine finder) that our patients have come to expect from us”, says Ponnappa. “We are honored to be recognized for improving digital access and navigation to health care services.”
Shweta Ponnappa, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing and Digital Experience Officer at Providence.
Find a doctor
If you are looking for a physician, you can search for one who’s right for you in our provider directory.
Download the Providence App
We’re with you, wherever you are. Make Providence’s app your personalized connection to your health. Schedule appointments, conduct virtual visits, message your doctor, view your health records and more. Learn more and download the app.
DIG THIS: Why HealthCare Needs a Flywheel
DIG: A force for positive change
Innovators Summit Fall 2022 | Sara Vaezy
Utilizing Innovation to Impact Healthcare’s Workforce Crisis
This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your health care professional's instructions.