High School Interns
Welcome to Kadlec Regional Medical Center. We look forward to having you as a student in our facility. Read about the history of Kadlec.
Request an Internship
All requests for student internships must be directed to the student's high school Career Center prior to completing the application packet.
Interviews with Kadlec Academic Services will be coordinated by the student's school as well as notifications of acceptance or denial. Proceed with the following documentation only AFTER the student's internship request has been approved.
1. Ensure current affiliation agreement and certificate of insurance (COI) are on file.
2. Verify completion of student's records as shown on the Kadlec Passport. Student will be responsible for submitting all documents to Kadlec Academic Services (unless other arrangements have been made) for review and verification. Email documents to Kadlec Academic Services two weeks prior to Orientation.
- If needed, students may get a lab order for TB test and or HepB titer from Kadlec Academic Services
- National background checks are not applicable to the high school students but a Washington State Patrol (WATCH) check will be completed.
To be submitted via email, fax, or in-person to Kadlec Academic Services. Forms must be received no later than two weeks prior to orientation.
- Kadlec Passport: Submit completed passport and related documents to Kadlec Academic Services for verification. Please allow yourself time to complete this as some items may take one week or more. You may pick up an order for the TB test and or HepB titer from the Kadlec Education Office (by appointment only).
- Badge Request Form
- KRMC Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement (signed by student AND parent)
- RSD/KRMC Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement (signed by student AND parent)
- WSP and Criminal Disclosure Statement (print single sided)
- Compliance Attestation (also listed below under Online Safety and Compliance Assignments)
- Mission & Core Values
- Standards of Excellence
- Code of Conduct
- Kadlec Intranet Instructions: Kadlec's online location for Policies, Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Quality Review Report submissions (you will review this during Orientation)
- Safety & Compliance Review Sheet ("The Insider")
Complete online safety and compliance assignments:
- Review Power Point: 2020 Patient Safety
- Review Power Point: 2020 Basic Safety
- Complete: Compliance and Fraud, Waste and Abuse Awareness Education
- Complete: Privacy & Security Awareness Education
- Sign and submit: Compliance Attestation
Follow links below where available. There may be additional policies to review depending on your placement. These policies will be provided to you when necessary.
- Non-smoking/tobacco free policy
- Parking Policy
- Dress Code and Personal Appearance
- ED/FSED Blood or Body Fluid Exposure - Non Employee
- In the event of an injury or exposure, check in through the Emergency Department and complete a Non-Employee EIR
- Electronic Device Use: You may not use personal cell phones in patient care areas. You may only use personal cell phones in private, designated areas of the hospital. Please ask your instructor or a Kadlec unit RN where those areas are. Absolutely no photos can be taken in patient care areas of any Kadlec campus.